Sunday, June 21, 2015

Macbeth Review

I've read several pieces of literature in high school; but never have I read something as entertaining and engaging as Shakespeare's play Macbeth. I've read Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream and the classic Romeo and Juliet, but those plays failed to interest me. Personally, I'm interested in fast-moving and intense plays. Macbeth provided me that exact experience. Macbeth kept me on the edge of my seat providing constant action and ongoing controversy. This is one of the few plays that I've read, and I can easily say that it is the most divine piece of literature I've ever encountered. I enjoyed the rising action in the story, which started when the Witches summoned their first prophecy on Macbeth. This rising action engaged me to read all the way to the climax, which was the very end of the play. Macbeth's bloody, manipulative, and cruel rise to power will give you goosebumps, and push you to the end of your seat (be careful)! My overall experience of reading Macbeth was outstanding; an engaging piece of literature that lives up to its reputation and legacy! All hail Shakespeare!
Macbeth 

The three Witches

No comments:

Post a Comment